This article will show you how to use SignAgent's translation system and braille integrations to automatically translate your messages into braille.
Note that automatic translations will never be perfect, and that you should verify all translations done before going to production.
1. Add New Secondary Language
- Go to the Manage Messages table by clicking on the Organization Name and choosing Manage Messages
- Choose the Languages tab
- Select "+ new language"
2. Set Up Language Details
- Language Name: Give this language a name
- Language Type: Choose Text
- Automatic Translation: Choose what specific braille translation you'd like to use. Note that not all translations are currently available.
- Note that automatic translations will never be perfect, and that you should verify all translations done before going to production.
- Fields: Choose what fields this language will translate
You can see in the above image that SignAgent will automatically translate your messages into whatever braille languages you've set up. In the above example I've set up both a Grade 1 and Grade 2 language for contrast.
Note that any messages created or changed within signs will be automatically translated, but if you change a primary message in this table, you'll need to regenerate the translation by clicking on the refresh button to the right of the translated message.
You can also change a translated message (if the braille is incorrect or inaccurate) and whatever you change it to will become the new, applied translation.
Note that for these messages to show up in your signs, you'll need to add the appropriate translation fields to their sign types. See this article for details: Add Fields to Sign Types