Create fields that automatically translate into Braille.
Note that automatic translations will never be perfect, and that you should verify all translations done before going to production.
1. Add New Secondary Language
- Go to the Manage Messages table by clicking on the Organization Name and choosing Manage Messages
- Choose the Languages tab
- Select "+ new language"
2. Set Up Language Details
- Language Name: Give this language a name
- Language Type: Choose Text
- Automatic Translation: Choose what specific braille translation you'd like to use. Note that not all translations are currently available.
- Note that automatic translations will never be perfect, and that you should verify all translations done before going to production.
- Fields: Choose what fields this language will translate
Note that the following languages will be translated into all lowercase braille, for ADA purposes:
- English (US) Braille Grade 1
- English (US) Braille Grade 2
Be aware that this means you may need to make manual changes for proper nouns and acronyms, if you want them to be represented as capital letters in braille.
3. Language is now Set Up
You can see in the above image that SignAgent will automatically translate your messages into whatever braille languages you've set up. The example above has both a Grade 1 and Grade 2 language for contrast.
Any messages created or changed within signs will be automatically translated, but if you change a primary message in this table, you'll need to regenerate the translation by clicking on the refresh button to the right of the translated message.
You can also change a translated message (if the braille is incorrect or inaccurate) and whatever you change it to will become the new, applied translation.
4. Add Braille Fields to Signs
When editing sign type fields, the translation version of the fields you entered in step 2.5 above will now be available. In this example, the system will automatically translate whatever is entered into the "Room Number" field into braille for the "Room Number US Braille Grade 2" field.