SignAgent has the ability to automatically number your signs for you, with a number of customization options available to fit your needs. This tutorial will show you how to make the most of this feature.
How to Use Auto-Numbering
Using auto-numbering in SignAgent is pretty straightforward. When you create a new sign, leave the number field alone, and Save. SignAgent will then automatically assign a number to the sign based on your preferences.
Setting Auto-Numbering Preferences
- Click on your organization name
- Choose Edit
- Choose the Sign ID tab to get to these options
- Configuration: This allows you to customize how your sign tags appear on your location plans and in your reports.
- Auto-numbering: Here you get to choose from 4 different options:
- Do Not Auto-Number: This option will not fill out the number field automatically, and you will have to enter number values manually
- Location: This option will only use each number once per location, regardless of type.
- Type-Location: This option will only use each number once per type per location.
- Type: This option will only use each number once per type, regardless of location.
4. Highlight Duplication: Here you can choose whether or not you want number duplications (as specified by your auto-numbering settings) to be highlighted by SignAgent.
Don't forget to Save once you're done