Using Tabs and Indents in Artwork
Just put it on my tab!
SignAgent allows for the use of tabs and indents in your artwork, and you can customize their sizes and behaviours in your templates as well. This tutorial will give you a quick overview of this feature.
1. Defining Tabs in Templates
To customize the tab's behaviour in the "Room Number" field, we add in the specifier of "tab_left: 1 in" into the bounding box's sub-layer
Then, to activate this tab, just put "<tab>" (without the quotes) in the message field.
If you're copying and pasting a message from somewhere else that has a tab in there, that will work too.
Note: You can still add tabs into your messages even without specifying them in the template. It will just give it a default value of "tab_left: .5 in"
Note: You can also specify multiple tabs in your templates, separating them with a comma, like this: "tab_left: 1 in, tab_right: 2 in"
Different Tabs and Indents
- tab_left: This will give a tab of the specified length, with text left-aligned after it.
- tab_right: This will give a tab of the specified length with text right-aligned after it.
- tab_center: This will give a tab of the specified length, with text center-aligned after it.
Each of these is followed by a colon and the specified size of the tab. Available units to use are px, pt, mm, cm, m, in, ft, pi
- indent_first: This specifies the indent for just the first line of this message or repeating message
- indent_hanging: This specifies the indent for all other lines (not the first line) of this this message or repeating message
Each of these is followed by a colon and the specified size of the indent. Available units to use are px, pt, mm, cm, m, in, ft, pi