Creating a New Sign Type
You can create a new sign type by clicking on the wrench next to Sign Types in the sidebar and selecting "New Sign Type"
If you'd rather create a new sign type directly within an existing folder, right-click on that folder, and choose New Sign Type from that drop-down menu instead.
Once you've clicked New Sign Type, you'll have a number of options to customize your new sign type.
- Name - The Name or short description of this sign. It could be Large Wall Directional, Projecting Amenity ID, Conference Room ID With Slider, etc.
- Short Code - An abbreviated code for this sign type. This is what will be displayed in the sign markers on your location plans, and may also be used in reports.
- Hex Color - The colour (and text colour) that the markers of this type will be on your location plans.
- Details - This is any useful information about this sign type, including detailed description, mounting information, its purpose, etc.
- Unit Cost - The cost it takes to manufacture and install this sign, in dollars. This is also used in charts and reports to measure how the project is doing on its budget.
- Editors - Any user whose name is added here will have permission to change the details of the sign type itself, including all the fields on this page. Note that this doesn't affect the use or editing of signs of this type in SignAgent™, only the details about the sign type itself.
- Template Thumbnail - If an SVG template has been added, a sample will be displayed here.
- Technical Drawing - If you have a technical drawing for standards, elevations, etc, you can reference that here.
- Once you're done making changes, make sure to SAVE before navigating away from this page.
Message Fields - These fields outline the content of the sign itself, and can include things like Room Name, Room Number, Level, Pictogram, Stair Number, Parking Lot, etc.
These fields will not be repeated, and the contents will be the same on multi-sided signs.
- Number of Sides - How many sides does this sign have?
- Repeating Message Fields - These fields are for sign content that will repeat, and are most frequently used for multi-sided signs, directionals, or directories. Fields here could include Destination, Arrow, Symbol, Tenant, etc. Each field will be repeated as many times as is specified in the Number of Repeats field.
- Meta Fields - These are fields that will not show up on the sign itself, but may be important for documentation or internal use. Examples include Notes, Client Notes, Internal Notes, Vendor, Installation Date, etc.
In this tab, you can set default content for this sign type. This means that any time you create a new sign, it will insert this content in these fields automatically, though you'll be able to change it if you need to. For more info, check out this article here: Adding Default Values
This section is related to sign artwork templates for this sign type. There's tons to cover in this section, so if you want more info on this, check out the section on our website here: Working with Templates