Adding a State
First, choose the organization where you're going to add the new state. You can do this from the Dashboard by selecting it in the sidebar.
Once you've selected the organization, you can add a new state by right-clicking the project that this state will be part of, and choosing New State.
If you want to organize your states by folders, you can also choose to add a New Folder. If you then right-click on the new folder, you can choose to add a new state within that folder instead.
You can now choose any details for this state. Note that the only mandatory field here is Name. All other ones can be ignored, if you so choose.
Fields that can be filled out here include:
- Name - the name of the state. This is how this state will show up in your sign dialogs and within your reports.
- Details - This is a space where you can add details about what this state will entail. This can be especially useful if you'll be collaborating with other people who may be interested in such things.
- Hex Color - This value affects how this state will show up in reports and in the Project Overview page
- Start Date - This is the date that this state is starting. It will affect how your reports are displayed in the Project Overview page.
- End Date - This is the date that this state is finishing. It will affect how your reports are displayed in the Project Overview page
- Assigned Users - Any team members added to this field will be invited to join this state. They will not have any access to any other states or projects that they have not been invited to. Note also that any organization admins and project members will have access to this state by default.
For more details on Actions within States, check out this article here: Adding State Actions