Create Simple Room ID Sign
You will need Adobe Illustrator (CC or newer) to create the templates.
You can also use the A2-Room ID.ai template as an example file.
1. Create the Sign
Follow the instructions below to create dynamic sign templates using SignAgent.
- Draw your signs as you always do.
- Move everything to one layer and call it "Sign" or "Preview"
- Create a sub-layer for each field that you want to be dynamic.
- Move text into that sub-layer
- Create a no fill / no stroke rectangle to the size of the box to be filled
- Rename the layer using alignment commands
- One of (left, center, right)
- One of (top, middle, bottom)
Layer Names should all be lowercase.
Spaces should be replaced with "_"
Layer Names must match Field Names
Don't use manual kerning. Manual kerning isn't supported yet.
Field Name "Room Number" = Layer Name "room_number"
2. Exporting Signs
2.1. Save sign
- Select File (not shown)
- Select Save
Make sure that you save it in a place where you can remember.
2.2. Export as SVG
- Select File
- Select Export
- Select Export As…
Make sure that you export to place where you can remember.
2.3. SVG Options
Make sure your export options matches the following
Styling: Internal CSS Font: SVG Images: Embed Object IDs: Layer Names Decimal: 5 Minify: Off Responsive: Off
3. Upload SVG
3.1. Find Sign
- Right click on the sign that you want to edit
- Select Edit
3.2. Match Fields
Repeating Messages section can be left blank if you aren't making a multi-line sign such as directionals or directory signs.
- Select Fields Tab
- Add Message Fields
- Save (not shown)
3.3. Choose SVG Template
Fonts must be installed prior to uploading the SVG and must match the name exactly as specified in the SVG.
See Adding Fonts Tutorial.
- Select Template Tab
- Press Choose File button