Why do graphic designers make bad drummers?
Because they spend too much time adjusting their SYMBOLS!
You can upload your own images to SignAgent™ for use in sign artwork. This tutorial will show you how to upload and categorize these images.
Note that SignAgent refers to all images, symbols, maps, graphics, logos, etc. that are uploaded into the system as VISUALS.
1. Go to the Manage Visuals Screen
Click the drop-down list with your organization's name (near the top-left corner of the screen), and choose the Manage Visuals option
2. Select the Visual to Customize OR Create a New Visual
On this page, you can see a list of existing visuals in your organization, and what fields they're allowed to be used by.
To edit any existing visual, select it by clicking on it.
To create a new visual, click the "+ new visual" button
To batch import multiple visuals at once, click the "+ batch import" button.
If you want to narrow down this page to only the visuals for a certain field, you can do that using the Field dropdown at the top.
3. Create/Customize Visual
On this page, you have a few options to customize this visual.
- Preview - This is a preview of what this visual will look like. This only shows if you are editing an existing visual.
- Use Dark Background - This allows you to toggle the background colour displayed in visuals using transparencies. Can be useful for white or light visuals with transparent backgrounds.
- Name - This is the name that will be displayed in the visual drop-down list, so be sure to give it something clear. If you leave this blank, it will default to the image name
- Image - Here, you can upload the visual file that you'd like to be displayed. Note that SVGs are vectorized, whereas PNGs are not.
- Fields - Here, you can choose what fields this visual will be allowed to be used by. For example, an arrow visual might only be used in an Arrow field, or a map visual might only be used in a Map field. Make sure you put at least one field in here though if you want to be able to use this visual in your signs.
- Editors - If blank, then only admins can adjust this field. If you add users emails in here, then they'll be able to edit this field as well.
- Save - Click this once you're done, and all changes will be saved. (Don't forget!)
- Delete - If you're editing a visual, you'll have the option to delete it as well, if it's not being used by any existing signs