Adding State Actions
State Actions are actions that can be performed by any user or viewer assigned to a specific state. The most common use is the Approve and Reject actions assigned to a Review state, so that clients or supervisors can review signs even without having access to the rest of the organization.
1. Edit State
- Right-click the state you'd like to add actions to. (In this example, I've chosen Review)
- Choose Edit
2. Add Actions
- Click the Actions tab
- Choose to add a New Custom Action or Create Default Actions
3.1. Create Default Actions
If you choose to Create Default Actions, it will automatically create 2 actions for you with the following characteristics:
- Reject - When a user rejects a sign, they will have to leave a comment explaining the rejection. The sign will then be moved backwards (up) 1 state in the project. These details will be outlined in the audit trail.
- Approve - When a user accepts a sign, that sign will be moved forwards (down) 1 state in the project. No comment is need, and the approval will be outlined in the audit trail.
These actions can be customized further if you choose.
3.2. Create Custom Action
When creating a custom action, you'll have a few more options to choose from:
- Name - the name of the action, and what the user will see when hovering over the action icon.
- Details - outlines what the purpose of this state is for. This is for internal reference only.
- Basic Action - This will give this action one of the behaviours outlined in the "Create Default Actions" step.
- Target State - This is the state that the sign will move to when this action is performed
- Tags to Add - These are tags that will be added to the sign when this action is performed.
- Save - Be sure to choose Save when you've finished making changes.