Adding a New Project
First, choose the organization where you're going to add the new project. You can do this from the Dashboard by selecting it in the sidebar.
Once you've selected the organization, you can add a new project by clicking the wrench next to Projects and selecting New Project.
If you want to organize your projects by folders, you can also choose to add a New Folder. If you then right-click on the new folder, you can choose to add a new project within that folder instead.
You can now choose any details for this project. Note that the only mandatory field here is Name. All other ones can be ignored, if you so choose.
Fields that can be filled out here include:
- Name - the name of the project. This is how this project will show up in your sign dialogs and within your reports.
- Details - This is a space where you can add details about what this project will entail. This can be especially useful if you'll be collaborating with other people who may be interested in such things.
- Budget - The number here will be used in reports and graphs, in conjunction with the unit costs of different signs.
- Locations - If this project is limited to certain locations, you can choose which locations are within scope here.
- Types - If this project is limited to certain sign types, you can choose which sign types are within scope here.
- Archived - Once this project is complete, you can Archive it. Once archived, no signs will be able to be moved to this project.
- Members - Any team members added to this field will be invited to join this project. They will not have any access to any other projects that they have not been invited to. Note also that any organization admins will have access to this project by default.
- Viewers - Any members added to this field will be invited to this project, but only to view. They will not be able to make any changes to signs in this project, and they will not be able to view any other projects that they have not been invited to. Note also that any organization admins will have access to this project by default.
Note that you won't be able to add signs into your new project until you Add a State